|According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity was little changed on a month-over-month basis|
- National home sales edged 0.5% lower from November to December.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity down 17.4% from December 2011.
- Number of newly listed homes dropped 1.3% from November to December.
- Canadian housing market remains firmly in balanced territory.
- National average sale price up 1.6% year-over-year in December.
- MLS® HPI up 3.3% in December, the smallest gain since April 2011.
REALATED: GTA REALTORS® Release Monthly Resale Housing Figures: Sales Dip in November while Selling Prices Increase[Video] [Info graphic]