For the price of the average 1000 sqft of office Condo or the price of the average 2 Bedroom Condo selling around the Greater Toronto Area, you could have a fully connected mobile office.
Statistics Canada data indicates that. In Toronto, the average commuter spends 79 minutes a day travelling to and from work, up from 68 minutes in just 13 years. Montreal commuters spent 76 minutes, up from 62 minutes in 1992. things are poised to get much worse in Toronto
First showcased as a concept at the 2011 Frankfurt Show, the Mulsanne Executive Interior is today being presented for the first time at the Paris Salon. The Mulsanne Executive Interior Concept offers an impressive array of bespoke business, comfort and entertainment features - designed to conduct business on the move or just unwind between meetings - all beautifully integrated into the sumptuous and comfortable cabin which takes Bentley’s craftsmen and women over 170 hours to create.
The car is offered in two Specifications, Theatre and iPad (the latter displayed at the Salon) for state of the art multimedia connectivity on the move.
The iPad Specification offers office level functionality and connectivity. Two beautifully crafted, electrically-deployed veneered picnic tables for rear passengers provide a soft hide writing surface, colour-matched to the seats of the Mulsanne, and at the press of a button twin iPads with wireless keyboards are revealed.
With the Mulsanne Theatre Specification, passengers in the rear cabin can enjoy a wide range of entertainment – choosing between DVD movies, television programmes, or music – which is offered via a 15.6-inch centrally located HD LED screen or 8-inch screens fitted within the front seat headrests. Business users can take full advantage of the powerful processing capability and connectivity of the boot-mounted Apple Mac computer.
Mulsanne rear passengers receive individual Apple iPad workstations with full internet access (integrated into retractable picnic tables) whilst a large, drop-down LED screen ensures that a wide selection of movies as well as television can also be enjoyed.
Renowned for its painstaking attention to detail, Bentley has added a range of finishing touches including a Tibaldi fountain pen from its specially commissioned Collection which is designed to mirror the Mulsanne’s knurled-metal rotary switchgear and which is discretely stowed in the centre armrest. And seen on a Bentley for the first time, a distinctive Yachting-style veneer, which blends light and dark contrasting tones, features throughout the cabin. Comments Alasdair Stewart, Member of the Board for Sales & Marketing:
“Many customers use their time in the Mulsanne to keep on top of their business commitments or simply take a few moments to relax. This fully functioning concept highlights the Mulsanne’s potential to help busy executives to communicate effectively and quickly whilst travelling. As you would expect from Bentley, all these features work in harmony with the handcrafted cabin and can be displayed or hidden at the user’s discretion,”
Key entertainment and business features
- Two electric-powered, foldable wood veneer picnic tables in the rear cabin, each with Apple iPad and Apple Bluetooth keyboards.
- The twin iPads enable the Apple Media Centre to play video files and music, provide access to personal and work e-mail as well as the internet (via W-Lan).
- Apple Mini Mac stored in boot compartment enables integration of iPad with Bluetooth
- keyboard and iPod acts as control panel in rear console.
- Roof console with 15.6 inch High Definition LED dropdown monitor. Plays videos (from both DVD changer and Mac Mini) and watch Television.
- Illuminated rear centre console fitted with twin, individual armrests offers true, spacious 4-seat configuration.
- Rear console also houses Apple iPod (control panel), two cupholders, tissue box and large stowage area.
- Apple iPod controls – Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) and audio system, Apple Media Centre, plays music and access to internet.
- Two USB connectors provided for the Apple system and one Apple interface connector for the iPod.
- Bespoke control keys on rear console operate picnic tables, reading lights, control HD LED screen and select video and audio options.
- Armrest contains Tibaldi pen and Privacy Telephone handset.
- Bespoke bottle cooler in rear centre console with illuminated, double-glazed frosted glass door.
- Additional, multi-directional reading lights are provided for each rear passenger and can be operated with Apple devices.
- Sophisticated mood lighting in the rear centre console (using multiple soft glowing LEDs) ensures the stowage areas are lit and the docking station and cupholders are also illuminated for extra convenience.
About Bently Motors
1. Bentley Motors is the third largest R&D investor in the UK's automotive sector and the 18th largest nationally. The company employs almost 4,000 people in Crewe which is home to all its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury vehicle manufacturers such as Bentley. It is also an example of high-value British manufacturing at its best. Bentley exports over £500m worth of goods every year to established markets like the US, as well as emerging markets such as China and South America.
2. Bentley’s global sales for the first half of 2012 increased by 32% with 3,929 cars delivered to customers and all global regions up on the same period in 2011. The Americas regained their position as Bentley’s largest market, with sales up 25.7% (1,140 cars delivered), but the China region continues to follow closely behind with sales up 55.7% (1,059 cars delivered). Sales in Europe increased by 22.9% (607 cars delivered) and UK sales are also up by 4.5% (557 cars delivered). In the Middle East sales continued to recover with an increase of 47.9% (346 cars delivered). Japan also saw an increase of 114.3% (75 cars delivered) and sales were up 52.6% (145 cars delivered) in the Asia Pacific region.
For further information please go
to www.bentleymedia.com or
Wolfgang Glabus – Director of Communications
Wolfgang.Glabus@bentley.co.uk + 44 (0) 1270 535 189
Martin Broomer – Head of Product Communications
Martin.Broomer@bentley.co.uk + 44 (0) 1270 535 044
Mike Sayer – Product Public Relations Manager
Mike.Sayer@bentley.co.uk +44 (0) 1270 535 133
For further information on Bentley please go to www.bentleymedia.com
Twitter – @BentleyMotorsPR
You Tube – www.youtube.com/bentleymotors
Images courtesy of Bentley